January 21, 2013

A New Beginning



January 10th, 2013 is a day I will never forget.  It marks the beginning of a new chapter in my life.  On January 10th, 2012, I began dating a man who changed my life forever.  Through him, God brought to light many of my fears and began the difficult process of healing me.  Now, one year later, God has called us to move forward together in life toward marriage.  We are engaged.



I didn't know what to expect engagement to feel like, but I woke up the next day feeling like the same person (except for the fact that I had a ring on my finger and a song in my heart :)).  It feels weird to finally be able to say "I am engaged", to finally begin my journey towards fulfilling my vocation.  But I had to ask the question... What does it mean to be engaged??



I asked a friend this question and she said, "All I know is that there is a wedding at the end of it and that's pretty sweet!"  She was recently married, so she should know. :)

So, as I explore this new state in life, I will be blogging and sharing my experiences with all of you.  My betrothed will also be contributing to the blog from his experience.  If you have questions, comments, suggestions, please feel free to comment on my blogs and I will respond.







My engagement ring. :)

2 comments:

  1. WHOOOOOOO!!!!! Let's be giddy together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth,
    My prayers for you have been answered. As your friend and someone who has felt the love of Christ in you and deep understanding that God wanted you to be healed, I felt powerless with the exception of prayer. Praise God for the man He has sent to you! I love you more than you know, my sister.
    Paul

    ReplyDelete